Monday, April 2, 2012

Blue Balls, Anyone?

So I was craving blueberry muffins this past weekend, and with spring in the air i thought a refreshing lemony-blueberry confection would do the trick.  But it was raining all weekend and it didn't have me in a very lemony-citrus-sunshiney-sweet mood, so I decided to go with a more cozy rustic "Sunday-at-grandma's house" variety of blueberry muffin (yeah, that's right, I used the word "rustic" to refer to a baked good, so what?).  

This one uses part whole wheat flour, oats, no butter (a small bit of canola oil instead), and some brown sugar, and the result is a snack that you don't have to feel guilty eating...but in all honesty, is there really any reason to feel shame in enjoying a delectable treat that wants nothing more than to make you happy?  Ok, i'm ranting now...but seriously this is one awesome muffin -- not too sweet, perfectly moist, and makes your heart sing.

I should note this is not an original recipe of mine, but rather a Papa specialty --my dear old grandpa who first made these muffins to help compliment a new diet after being diagnosed with diabetes - so while they're not quite vegan/gluten-free type of healthy - they are still nutritious nontheless - now stop counting calories and enjoy!

My co-workers gobbled these up and enjoyed how they were more muffin-like than sweet cake-like.

Yep - gone in minutes

Stay tuned for the recipe which I'll be posting soon...just a special lil' Easter-time treat from me to you ;)


No comments: